Monday, September 27, 2010

Switching From High To 'Unknown Gear'


It is not without trepidation that I’m consciously switching from the corporate ‘high gear’ to the unemployed ‘low gear’.  By ‘low gear’, I mean that I am consciously not looking for another job.  I am, in fact, avoiding discussing job possibilities with anyone in my industry or profession.  I do not want to jump into doing ‘stuff’ in order to fill my days or put money in the bank account.

How many people have you heard say lately:  “Gosh! I LOVE my job!”  (Unless, of course, they are still in the honeymoon phase of a new job or received a big whopper bonus!)  A while back, I was someone who said that.  Once that changed, I knew that I had to do something, either in my role, my relationship with my employer, or my mindset.  Ultimately, I chose to change all three.

Of course, not everyone has the luxury to jump off the high-speed work train.  There are, however, some things that we can all do to make our work more aligned with what we would really enjoy.  This takes courage and a lot of self-awareness of what we really want and don’t want.

Stay tuned!!...more on this later…

0 comments:

Post a Comment