Friday, September 24, 2010

Switching Gears: What's This All About?


So why create a blog? What’s this blog suppose to be about anyways?  Who will ever read it?  These are the questions that keep coming back to me as I venture into this bizarre world of blogging and self-analysis. 

Once I’d (or at least my employer) determined that I was leaving my illustrious 25-year career, I started questioning what a 46-year old does with her time, talents, and treasures when she doesn’t have to get up at 5:00 am to get to her cubicle to work to facilitate a corporation to make billions of dollars per year.

Of course she gets on the Internet to find out what others do in the same situation.  Well….it appears there aren’t that many people willing to share their experiences, emotions, and stories about how they ‘get to where they eventually get to’.

There’s a lot of information about financial planning for retirement, semi-retirement, job hunting, mid-life crisis, or career development, …but not a lot on ‘figuring yourself out at mid-life’.

So my offer is to blog my way along my path of self-discovery.  There will be bits and pieces about the multiple dimensions that I believe I will be challenged to balance:  fitness, social, intellectual, financial, creativity and philanthropy. (I reserve the right to expand this list as I go!)

Feel free to blog me your insights, experiences, and advice.

1 comment:

  1. Michelle I will be so interested to follow your blog & hear all about this fresh start. Congratulations on your blog!

    ReplyDelete